perjantai 23. elokuuta 2013

Second AFIS-flight & Flight levels

I've now flown my second solo cross-country flight to an AFIS aerodrome. We flew this one with a course mate using both our own planes. Having the exact same route planned and since I was always a few miles behind, navigation was easy for me. I basically just followed the other plane checking headings, courses and ATO's every now and then :)

This eased my workload a bit since my OH-CAP doesn't have a DME and also the ADF seems to wander around quite a lot.

Ready at holding point Kilo. First on the line is the Diamond DA40.

Our destination today was Seinäjoki airport (EFSI). I hadn't been there before so it was nice to visit and get to know the place. The ground crew were very nice and even opened the cafeteria for us.

Seinäjoki Airport EFSI

I flew the route at FL075 since I wanted to get on top of the growing cumulus clouds. I therefore also got the flight level exercise done and I now don't need to climb to the levels in my last remaining cross-country flight if, for example, the weather doesn't allow it. Now I'm off to packing some bags since I'll be driving to Kuopio airport tomorrow to do some night flying!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti