maanantai 29. huhtikuuta 2013

I'm now a fully qualified student pilot... again!

Today we flew a cross-country flight, which was the last of the four flights included in our rehearsal programme. Now I can fly cross-country as pilot in command in addition to traffic circuit and training area sorties. Our route was from Malmi to Hyvinkää, Lahti-Vesivehmaa, Mikkeli, Lappeenranta, Kymi and from there back to Malmi. So a total of six landings, of which four were touch and go's.

The Cap, ready for flight.

I've also been gaining a little pilot in command time flying in the training area. Sometimes I really need to shake myself awake and realize what I actually get to do on a daily basis. I don't have to endure some uninteresting job or read books and study things I'm not at all interested in. Okay, some of our theory subjects do not exactly lift me up to cloud nine but all in all, I am interested in every aspect of aviation and am trying to respect all of the different subjects related.

Ice is finally beginning to melt and summer is coming ^^

Flying is so much fun. Sometimes it gets daunting when you've done hard work planning and calculating everything and then the weather ruins everything or some technical problem arises, but once you get into the air, you forget all of that and it's always worth the trouble :)

Our little Cessna parked at the refueling lot in Lappeenranta Airport.

At Lappeenranta Airpot there was an old DC-3 parked in the civil apron. A very nice looking bird and in quite a good condition. Seems to be owned by an American museum called Hiller Aviation Museum. 


A fascinating sight, can I go flying already?

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti