keskiviikko 11. syyskuuta 2013

First flights with the Piper Turbo Arrow IV

Finally the Piper flying has started and I now have about three hours of flight experience with this fine bird. In addition, I've been sitting a lot in the backseat as an observer. With this experience, I must say that I like the plane very much and would love to go somewhere far with it. For a basic half-hour scenery flight the C152 is maybe better with its simplicity but this one is aimed for cross-country flying and feels far better suited to it than the C172, for example. I think that after gaining my licence, I'd rather fly Pipers than Cessnas except for the 152 maybe.

My new favourite!

The Piper feel different to the Cessna, being a faster airplane with a low-wing configuration. When applying full throttle in takeoff, you actually feel a little force pushing you to your seat. Also, in the air, the plane handles very firmly and calmly and feels like a real airplane!

The passenger cabin. With its soft seats and window curtains it almost feels like being onboard a real regional airtaxi.

The first three flights have been training area exercises in which we have learned some basic maneuvres and procedures and gained a little touch on the plane itself. We've also been practising some emergencies like landing gear failures, engine failures and forced landings. Everything so far has been very interesting and I'm very much looking forward into flying more with the Piper Turbo Arrow!

Flying between cloud layers!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti