keskiviikko 22. toukokuuta 2013

Beginning of the gliding season!

Today I flew my first flights in a glider this year. There was about to be some activity at Nummela airfield so I headed there in the afternoon to get my "spring checkride" done. If you've flown less than 200 hours with gliders, you have to fly a school flight with an instructor at the beginning of each season. I took one tow to 500 meters for a normal local flight and then flew two additional traffic circuit flights. It was a nice feeling to fly a glider after a long break, especially the silence compared to powered flying is always fascinating.

Ready for takeoff!

The glider I flew was an ASK-21 tandem-seated glider, which is very popular in basic flying training and also in aerobatic training. This was also the first airplane I ever flew, back in 2009. Nummela Gliding Center has two ASK's, one nicknamed  "Punkku" and the other one "Tenu".

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti