keskiviikko 29. toukokuuta 2013

First cross-country after the PPL phase

My first cross-country flight from the CPL phase is over. I can now plan the routes freely and I decided to start with a simple two-hour flight from Malmi to Hanko, from there to Nummela and then back, doing touch and go landings on both of the airfields.

EFHN, notice the very long but narrow runway. I'm only about 900 feet high here and still the runway looks like a small string!

The flight went well although the wind was quite gusty and it wasn't easy to maintain the selected altitude. Also, landing to Hanko (which is an especially windy place throughout the year) presented some challenges. At Nummela I got a warning from a local motor glider about wind shear near the runway threshold but I experienced none and landing was easy. A nice flight all in all and I think I'll try to fly this same route again tomorrow, mainly because I'm going to be in a hurry tomorrow and want to save time not having to plot a new route :)

A slightly different perspective this time :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti