sunnuntai 8. heinäkuuta 2012

The Decision

In April 2012 when the weather started to get better and better I began flying ultralights after a long winter break and after a few days of flying I was starting to get this feeling that this isn't enough. I didn't feel happy just flying for a hobby. I wanted to gain more knowledge and learn to fly new airplanes, bigger, more complex and multi-engined airplanes. I had thought about pilot training before but somehow didn't quite get a real grasp of the fact that I could actually start training to become a professional pilot, that it could be the thing for me and not just those others. I had once even abandoned the idea for a while because I thought I wasn't the right kind of person and now I was pursuing an other career path in the university world, and thought it would be enough to fly for a hobby every now and then...

But something about those few flights made me realize that I have to make a shot. I have to see if I could become a professional pilot, see if I could get in to a flight school and see where it gets me eventually.

There are people out there that know what they are capable of and go forward without hesitation knowing they can pass every obstacle. And then there are people like me. I've always succeeded very well in almost everything I've tried to do but I still sometimes find myself thinking that I'm not good enough. That I couldn't succeed in something. For all of you out there who are questioning their abilities: Don't do it. Let others decide your applicability.

I'm happy that I learned this before it was too late!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti