perjantai 7. kesäkuuta 2013

Bird strikes and some other news

After having completed the last few theoretical exams I can now finally concentrate solely on flying, at least 'till the ATPL theories begin. This week I only flew on one day since I requested a few days off to be able to do a little final spurt on studying. That really helped!

Charlie Juliet Mike, the blue plane..

My plane today was about to be the Charlie Victor Yankee but since it was still in maintenance and some FINAA students couldn't fly their routes due to weather I stole one of the planes assigned for them and decided to do a training area flight.

Paint's starting to wear off a bit.

However, my first flight only lasted for four minutes since right after take off I managed to collide with a small bird that hit the left window. I immediately informed the ATC and requested a landing to be able to inspect possible damage. Thankfully there was none and I could soon try again. So off I went and flew a nice flight. Now it's time to start the weekend!

A nice blue panel :)

Next week there will be quite a lot going on since I will be having my familiarisation training for the Cessna 172 and in the weekend there will be an airshow in Lappeenranta Airport and I'll be going there on behalf of my school for some promoting duties. I think I will be flying there with a school Cessna and receiving free food and accomodation for the weekend. We've also been promised a free flight hour with a C152 as a reward for our duties there. Nice!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti