maanantai 17. kesäkuuta 2013

Lappeenranta International Airshow 2013

I spent the weekend promoting our school in this year's biggest airshow in Finland, the Lappeenranta International Airshow (LIAS). When I heard of the opportunity to go there for free on behalf of our school, I instantly volunteered to be part of the team. I'm very happy I decided to go there instead of spending a free weekend in Helsinki.

After setting everything up we mainly did promotional work from about ten a.m. to five or six p.m. talking to people and telling facts about our training whenever asked and so on. The evenings went by in our camping site, which had a nice outdoor grill place and many small cottages for us to sleep in.

All in all, I met many interesting persons, got to know some of my coursemates and older students better and of course saw all the airshow's performers every day. So, a very nice weekend well spent!

Here's some pictures:

Our stand from the front. There was three of our airplanes for the public to see, the C152, Piper Arrow and the King Air.

The Team.
King Air on display. Visitors could also go inside the cabin. I got to spend a lot of time there too. This plane was essentially like a motor home to us during the show.
Promoting Scanwings and the Citation CJ2+.
The Royal Jordanian Falcons aerobatic team. The Jordanian king obviously has a soft spot for aviation.
The Harvard, a military trainer aircraft from the times of WWII.
Finnish Aviation Academy's Embraer Phenom 100, used in multi-engine training.
I got to fly back to Malmi as a passenger in the backseat of our Piper Arrow. Quite a nice way to travel and the view's were fantastic :)
Home at last :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti