tiistai 2. heinäkuuta 2013

Flights to Mariehamn

"Route at least 540km (300NM) with two full-stop landings at two aerodromes different than departure aerodrome."

FL065

This is a requirement for a CPL licence. You must have flown at least one flight, that meets the mentioned requirements and so we have two of these flights in our CPL syllabus. I've now flown them both and planned both of them to Mariehamn. The first one was from Malmi straight to Turku, then to Mariehamn and back, but since the second flight in the syllabus also mentioned a flight to an uncontrolled aerodrome in its tasks, I flew a slightly longer flight, flying from Mariehamn to Hanko aerodrome and from there back to Malmi. So four legs in total and about 4h 30min block time.

Notice the life vest we use when crossing large bodies of sea. Try not to notice the reflection from my aviator's. ;)

Mariehamn is one of my favourite airports in Finland and flying there is always fun because of the great scenery and crossing the sea and its many islands. Today I decided to fly slightly higher than usual, at FL065 due to cumulus clouds that had bases at about 2500 feet and extended up to 4500 feet. I could now fly "VFR on Top" well above the clouds free from all bumpiness and turbulence.

Clouds & Islands

All in all, the flight went quite well without any complications. I was happy to get this one behind me since the autumn comes one day and weather starts getting worse and so I'm trying to fly as much of these "high requirement" flights now and leave the traffic circuit excersises to the fall.

Refueling at Mariehamn Airport.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti